As you may or may not know, the case of Michael Dunn, who killed 17-year-old Jordan Davis in 2012, was settled this past Saturday. This weekend, on Melissa Harris-Perry on MSNBC (with guest host Joy Reid), the case and the racial implications of Davis’ death, including the use of Stand Your Ground, was discussed in depth. Watch the videos below.
- Did “stand your ground” influence Dunn trial?
- The dimension of the Michael Dunn case
- The challenges facing young black men
- President Obama launches initiative for young men of color
- What will My Brother’s Keeper look like?
Thoughts on the videos? Post below.
Also, if you have any suggestions, post them below as well.